Post Graduate Diploma in Gynecology and Obstetrics (DGO)
is a postgraduate-level course in medicine. This program has been designed to prepare medical faculty in the obstetrics and gynecology specialty.
The program coupled with clinical training prepares candidates in:
- surgical management of clinical pathology pertaining to female reproductive organs.
- providing care for both non-pregnant and pregnant patients.
Major components of the course’s curriculum include:
- obstetrics pathology
- pregnancy-related common diseases
- abnormalities during pregnancies
- gynecological pathology
- obstetrical operations
- infant care
- breast feeding and artificial feeding
- premature child treatment
- general diseases of new-borns
- labor-related complications, and such.
- research study of clinical and surgical training in gynecology.
The course can also be pursued after successful completion of MBBS from a university recognized by the Medical Council of India.
Such professionals are hired in capacities such as:
- Obstetrician/ Gynecologist
- Senior Registrar
- Clinical Associate
- Junior Consultant
- Senior Resident
- Key Accounts Manager
- General Physician, etc.